Neo-Classical Gem – Empire Style Decorative Grille
The Empire Style was the second phase of Neo-Classicism which replaced the thicker and highly ornamental style of the Louis XIV period. The style started when King Louis XV financed the archeological excavations of Pompeii and unearthed the Roman cities destroyed by the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79AD. The archeologists noticed that the classical ornament was more delicate and refined and it was given the new name of Neo-Classical, or new classic.
The Empire style paid tribute to the Greek Empire by adopting the highly stylized palm tree fronds or Palmette. This motif was first employed by Alexander the Great after he conquered Egypt in 332BC. The Egg and Dart molding we chose for the frame is symbolic of the “mechanics of victory” of the period. It also draws from the Roman Empire as well with the Roman arch. This architectural feature was not invented by the Romans but was utilized by them in building aqueducts, bridges and basilicas. The Empire style is a masculine, regimental style based on order and symmetry.
|Dimensions||11 × 11 × 1 in|
Aged Copper, Antique Brass, Antique Cherry, Black, Bright Gold, Burnished Gold, Chinese Red, Dark Bronze, Nickel, Pewter, Rubbed Bronze, Umber Gold, White
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- All of our products are manufactured when we receive an order. We do not have inventory. Please allow us 2-4 weeks for your order to be made. Large orders may require additional time.
- Products cannot be returned without prior approval and must have a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number. Please call 410-867-0790 within two weeks of your purchase to request an RGA number. Merchandise must be returned within two weeks after receiving your RGA number.
- Under the following circumstances, products may not be returned for credit:
- They are marked on.
- They are modified in any way.
- They have been exposed to excessive sun or moisture.
- They have job site damage.
- There is a 25% restocking/handling charge on returns, based upon the list price of the item online. Products must be received in re-sellable condition.
- Please insure all returns for the full list amount. If any of the returned items are damaged in shipping, you will have to collect insurance from the shipper. Refunds will not include shipping charges.
- Claims for packages marked "delivered" must be filed after 5 days and before 15 days from the date the package was marked "Delivered".
- Items returned because they were improperly measured or ordered without reading or understanding how items are sized will be subject to a 25% restocking charge, and given a store credit. This credit can be used to re-order the correct size.
- Orders that involve custom work, custom painting (not one of our finishes), custom cutting or custom additions cannot be cancelled, changed or returned. Filter Grilles cut to size, Speaker Grilles with surrounds added, or any grille painted in finishes other than Beaux-Arts Classic Products standard finishes, are considered custom items. All Recessed Chandeliers are considered custom items.
- All of our products are shipped by FedEx Ground and international by FedEx International. Some of our larger grilles are considered oversized and, therefore, assessed additional charges for crating."