Noisy Rusty Metal Grille Solution
Noisy Rusty Metal Grille Solutions
The Solution to noisy rusty metal grilles are Decorative Resin Grilles. Resin grilles are a superior choice for your heating and air conditioning system. They offer advantages beyond the obvious that they are an attractive replacement to the standard industrial grilles which are common in our homes and public spaces. We list the advantages so you the consumer can make an informed decision when choosing a replacement for your industrial grille.
Advantages of Resin Decorative Grilles
- Incredible three-dimensional detail. They are not just hole punched sheet metal or laser cut. Our urethane resin cast grilles are equal in the surface quality to investment casting (lost wax casting) quality at a fraction of the cost. Much superior to the rough and grainy looking surfaces of cast iron or cast aluminum grilles.
- Maintenance free. You should not have to re-finish, remove rust, corrosion or mold for the life of our exterior grade urethane resin grilles. Our grilles can be used in damp or wet locations, like exteriors, bathrooms, kitchens and indoor swimming pools or the other rooms on the same HVAC system as the pool room. Use them to replace unattractive exhaust fan covers in bathrooms.
- Easy installation. Pre-drilled screw holes and all the necessary hardware is provided. Our grilles are flat on the back, with no protrusion that needs to fit into the duct-work. Just place over the duct, level and screw in. See attached “spec sheet” with drawing, measurements, Material Technical Data on resin, plus Free Air Flow and other information.
- Noise Reduction. Noisy Rusty Metal Grilles are solved with our grilles. Urethane resin grilles will not vibrate and make noise like metal grilles do. Resin will also reduce or eliminate the irritating high pitched noise problems often found with stamped steel louvered return grilles. Use our grilles to replace noisy high pitched metal return grilles.
- Historic Preservation. Our historic reproduction Arts and Crafts Style Grille is possibly the best looking grille ever made in the USA, Circa 1870’s. Use it to replace old louvered grilles for wall and ceiling only (not for floors). They meet the U.S. Government’s General Services Administration code #1501003S standards for Historic Preservation Guidelines, for grilles in historic buildings. Use these grilles in new homes that want the traditional look or historic homes that need to preserve their vintage character
Recently we have received validation from satisfied customers for their ability to reduce noise, and that they are maintenance free.
Problem #1 High Pitched Noise from Return Grilles
Our customer, Treavor B. from MD, contacted us about our resin grilles after he read the comment that our resin grilles reduce noise. He was looking for a solution to his noisy and rusty metal grilles making a high pitched sound. This noise problem is typically the sign of low return airflow. In other words, your system’s blower is “starved for air.” It’s trying to pull in a certain amount of air, but is struggling to do so. As this happens pressure and velocity increases, therefore increasing the sound level, which is the sound you hear. You should be worried about this since low airflow can damage your system and increase your energy bills.
There are five ways to solve it:
- Take off the return grille. Long term it is impractical and ugly but if the noise disappears it will confirm that the grille was the problem.
- Straighten out the louvers with needle nose plyers or screw driver. Typically louvers are bent at a 45 degree angle. If you can bend the louvers to a 90 degree angle you will improve your air flow. Anytime air is bent it has to slow down and the pressure increases. Straightening out the louvers will increase the pressure and reduce the noise level.
- Add a new return duct and return grille to your system in another location. This will increase the amount of air flow. It is an expensive solution.
- Replace the stamped metal louvered grille with a resin grille. The metal in a typical louvered grille tends to vibrate which increases the noise level. Resin does not vibrate, as much as metal and this will reduce the noise.
- Install a different grille with better air flow. Beaux-Arts decorative grilles have superior air flow over stamped metal louvered grilles. They are made from high quality urethane resin. Since there are no louvers, air is returned to the system in a straight line decreasing the pressure and improving air flow. They are also the best looking grilles available anywhere.
He replaced his metal grille with our Arts and Crafts, RR-209 20×24 in Black.
Here is his video of the noisy metal industrial grille.
After video of our decorative Arts and Crafts resin grille.
Problem #2 Metal Grilles that Rust
Another customer, contacted us for a solution to frequently replacing her metal grille because of rust. In this case, she lives in Oceanside, CA right on the beach. Salt water from the Pacific Ocean causes the stamped, louvered metal grilles to rust out in 3-6 months. In other parts of the country such as Louisiana, Texas and Florida; humidity is the problem. Air conditioning creates moisture anyway. In humid locations this increased moisture creates serious rusting problems. We constantly hear clients in southern states complain of rusted stamped metal louvered grilles. Our grilles will solve that problem forever. Urethane resin is impervious to water. It will never rust, rot, corrode or grow mold.
Our urethane resin decorative grilles are a perfect solution to noisy and rusty metal grilles. We spent a lot of time deciding on using urethane resin for our historic reproduction decorative grilles. It is perfect for our Home Improvement Products. The resin ensures perfect reproductions of the historic 3-dimensional carvings. Our classic styles are timeless and urethane resin will last for generations.
Comments are closed